Business Card Designs
A well-designed business card can make you stand out from the crowd.
You have no idea how important a business card it. It’s often the most crucial aspect of meeting a new client. Most importantly (have some on you at all times!) Great business card design should follow these guidelines:
- SOMETIMES LESS IS MORE. Often clients want to load everything possible on a business card. SIMPLE design can often come off as more professional, sleek and more upscale…which can generate more dollars for you.
- USE UNIQUE PRINTING MATERIALS. Ok it used to be that everyone wanted a gloss card! Well times change and taste often changes. Now people are working with FAT heavy cards, plastic cards, special die-cuts, different sizes etc. Thinking outside the box can go along way!
- AVOID BORDERS. Designing a card with borders is a big NO NO! They never print and cut correctly….never 100% precise.
- USE THE BLEED! I personally like designing using backgrounds, gradients, photos that extend to the edge of the card (the bleed).
- DON’T GO TO BIG. It sounds kinda stupid but if you go with a card much larger than 3.5×2….it might not fit in your prospects wallet or card holder. Standards are usually set for a reason.